The New Iceland Heritage Museum
“We are pleased to be open once again to the public. Please note that Covid precautions are in place following all provincial guidelines.”
We are also implementing the following protocols to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit for all:
- New Iceland Heritage Museum will operate at a 25% capacity limit as required by current public health orders.
- Masks that cover the mouth and nose are required to be worn at all times.
- Physical distancing of at least two meters, except for brief exchanges, is required.
- Contact tracing information for each individual or household cohort will be collected as required by current public health orders.
- Hand sanitizer, hand washing facilities and other PPE will be available to all visitors.
- We strongly encourage contactless payment over cash.
Open Monday- Friday 10:00-4:00pm, Saturday 1:00 -4:00
Closed on Sunday | Hours are subject to change
We were extremely fortunate to receive a grant to offer our programs to everyone, free of charge; online. All you need is a computer, iPad or phone and the internet and you will be able to join our programs We even have some iPads to borrow if you need.
The New Iceland Heritage Museum (NIHM) features exhibits at two sites in Gimli MB and greets visitors from around the world year round, seven days a week, at its main multi-media location at #108 94-1st Avenue, Gimli in the The Waterfront Centre. Learn more.
Lake Winnipeg Visitor Centre
Open seasonally, the Lake Winnipeg Visitor Centre (LWVC) is located at Gimli Harbour on Centre Street. The LWVC pays tribute to the fishing industry and interprets the natural history of Lake Winnipeg. Learn more.
The Lake Winnipeg Visitor Centre is closed for the season.
The best places to go in 2019, picked by in-the-know travel pros.
New Iceland Heritage Museum
#108 94-1st Avenue, Gimli, MB R0C 1B1